Friday, February 12, 2010

The Fashion Hooligan

I just say I'm shocked. So shocked. This wasn't supposed to happen, was it? I mean... why? The anatomy of suicide is for me, still today, an unexplored path that makes me think about life... I thought about it so much long time ago, when one of my best friends did something horrible that nobody understood at that time...

I think is feeling alone. You think you're alone, in a tunnel, and you can't see the end of it. No matters what people around you say... you can't see the light...

The first time I cared about Alexander McQueen's work was in 1999. I saw this at a Vogue issue, and I was fascinated.
 

Yes, in 1999. I'm not of those fucking McQueen's fans that simply loved him because of Lady Gaga or something like that. He was a genius, and I recognized that when I saw this, eleven years ago. Since that time, he created lots of gorgeous things that I want to show you... 



Spring/Summer 2000
 
  
  
I remind myself going mad with his Fall/Winter 2001 collection. THIS was the point when I started to love him.  
Spring/Summer 2005
  
  
Spring/Summer 2007... dark victorian for the good weather.

Fall/Winter 2009, with the plastic-doll mouth idea... 

And of course, one of my favourite collections... Fall/Winter 2005 for men: 

 
  
  

I could be all night posting pictures about his art (yes, because this was art); but I'm not doing it. A genius has died today and maybe sounds dramatic, but I cannot help looking at these pictures and mourn, just for a second, but feel my eyes wet. 

Please, don't remember him only for Gaga or for the gorgeous shoes of his last collection. Don't you cry for him only for feeling cool and inside the "fashion carousel". Remember him as an artist, a genius, a creator of dreams. Remember him as...

The fashion hooligan.

9 comments :

  1. Tía cuando me he enterado hoy me he quedado muerta.

    Joder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es feo cuando parte alguien que te gusta y sobre todo que sabes que es "diferente" yo con honestidad no es que me valga XDD simplemente en mi cultura no tenemos tanto pegue con el mundo de alta moda, porque acá no existen calles de marca grandes y menos de este tipo de artes, porque siii como dices es un arte! yo le respeto porque tenía algo que dar a conocer al mundo, por medio de sus piezas ^^ que losiento, tranquila ya está en paz muah!!!
    Me encantó la coleccion de abrigos *__* y si tenes razon que se pudran las que lloran solo porque no vestira mas a esa payasa de gaga XD.
    Saludos y cuidate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo me empeze a fijar en él cuando sacó la coleccion de invierno 2008, desde entonces he estado siguiendo su trabajo. Bueno, y ya viste la expectación que nos creó su ultima colección!!!! Que pusimos un post en nuestro blog emocionadas!!!!!!!!!
    Se ha ido un genio, y no puedo entender aún el porque?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy grande este hombre, muy grande.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me acordé de ti al leer un artículo en el 20 minutos esta mañana en el trabajo. La verdad, es que ya sabes que yo de moda, cero patatero, pero siempre da cosa saber que alguien se suicida...

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely post about him
    Im sure he would ahve apprecicated being known for his other works than jus lady gaga :)

    RIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. la verdad es que la noticia nos ha dejao a todos ojipläticos....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still very shocked. What a loss for the fashion industry and scene. A dream maker is gone forever :(

    RIP LEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yo me enteré ayer de noche, viendo todos los blogs que hablaban de él, de su muerte
    La verdad es que tampoco puedo decir que me haya afectado especialmente, porque obviamente no le conocía personalmente y tampoco fui nunca fan suya. Es decir, reconozco que era un gran creador y un artista, pero a veces sus diseños me parecían demasiado estrambóticos para mi gusto, soy más del diseño ponible que del conceptual, supongo (por ejemplo, los zapatos que todo el mundo adora de la nueva coleccion a mi me horrorizan). Pero en fin, que mis gustos no tienen nada que ver... lo cierto es que, independientemente de que me pusiera o no alguna de su ropa, McQueen era un genio y un artista más que un diseñador, un hombre lleno de creatividad... y aunque realmente no esté llorando su muerte, siempre te da rabia que una persona tan llena de arte decida poner fin a su vida. Desde luego el mundo de la moda ha perdido mucho

    1 beso!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!