Monday, May 17, 2010

Because If I can't dance, I don't want your revolution...

I think that everybody around here knows about my love for Sweden, almost since I was a child. But the point of this is that, with the past of the time, I've discovered that some of my very favourite bands are Swedish too... so this is a short list I've made for you with them!




1. Mando Diao.


This is one of my favourite bands since the first time I listened to them, a long time ago, in 2002. The funny thing is that I only listened to their music and I never saw a picture or video clip of then until 2007, that I saw this gorgeous clip, Never seen the light of day. I think that this is one of the songs that can be described as "talks about me". Totally.

2. The Hives.


The sound of their guitars and drums makes me go crazy, and the fury of their letters just makes me go mad... I adore The Hives, and I really think that their name is more than appropriate, because the sound of their music stings like a hive!



3. The Cardigans.


Yes, I know that this maybe sounds strange for all of you, who know that I love punk and rock... yes, The Cardigans is a pop band, but a pop band that makes a piece of delicious music with a 60s touch in the beginning and that, later on, mature their sound for making a really good pop. Hanging Around is one of my favourite songs and videoclips, but I adore carnival too, I must say!


4. Backyard Babies.


Total 13 changed my life, totally. I was ending my high school studies and I was so into punk and hard rock music that, when I first listened to Backyard Babies, I went crazy. I saw them in 2002, with the Making enemies is a good tour... and I hope I could see them again soon!

5.The Hellacopters.


Of course, with Backyard Babies, The Hellacopters came into my life, and I just love them too. The sound of their guitars makes me shake my head always! They've got lots of great songs, but this one has something that I really like!


6. Miss Li.


I think that Miss Li has got one of the sweetest voices and makes some of the most lovely songs I've ever heard. It's funny because I discovered her like some months ago, and since the beginning of the year, this song it's been used for a car spot... I almost screamed the first time I was it!


7. Sugarplum Fairy


Another pop band, but related with Mando Diao (as the founders of this band are two Norens, brothers of Gustaf Noren). I discovered them with this song, The Escapologist, and their sound is perfect for dancing... son, why don't you dance with them?


8. Johnossi.


I discovered Johnossi thanks to Die Welle film, where they've got a song; and since then, I'm a huge fan. I really love their rock sound, mixed with different things like blues, sometimes... this is an example, my favourite song!



9. Ebba Grön


Yes, a formal Swedish punk band, of course! When I started with punk music, I listened not only to English band but also to german, Swedish or Italian bands. Ebba Grön is the most famous punk band from Sweden, and their great hit, Staten och Kapitalet, is a cover version of Den Ena Handen Vet Vad Den Andra Gör, by another Swedish band, Blå Tåget (I discovered this thanks to Wikipedia some years ago, haha!). Anyway, punk is claiming, and this song is about the claim, of course!



10. The (International) Noise Conspiracy.



This is the band that I most want to see from Sweden right now. The first time I heard T(I)NC was in 2001 when I was still living at Málaga and we were planning a protest trip to Madrid where we finally had to escape from the police. And while I was running, I remember that this son was inside my head...



Because If I can't dance, I don't want your revolution...

Did you know about these bands? Have you got another favourite band from Sweden? Let's share them!

5 comments :

  1. I love these bands! I don´t know what it is about Swedish band but they are just original and give away great shows. I think you will like Slagsmålsklubben as well. I´ve seen them live once and never danced as hard as I danced to them! They make electronical 8-bit music and they are crazy and stylish. If you get the chance you should definiatly go to a live show, it's great fun!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbSZl9zBrv0

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFVr9N4q4JY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and also, I already edited the pictures with photoscape haha! Can you imagine how crappy they used to look?

    Oh and those pictures of Amsterdam make me want to do a citytrip soon. It's only an hour by train for me and I have friends who live there. I will check out that amazing cake shop next time I visit! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I hope this finds you doing well. I've been on a blogging hiatus since the beginning of the year, so it's been quite some time since I've been around to visit some blogs. I'm back from my break now. I wanted to make sure to visit your blog. I enjoyed checking out the latest posts on your blog. Great job. I'm back blogging now myself. I hope you'll take a look at what I'm doing. Thanks. Take care. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the baaaaaaaaaaaaand!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooaa thanks for the good swedish bands ! i actually didn't know any of them !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!