Friday, June 05, 2020

[LBC] My First Experience Going Out In Lolita Fashion

Hey there, stranger.

This entry is quite special since it's the first time I'm participating in the Lolita Blog Carnival post of the week, but I thought the topic was so nice that I should write something, right?

To be honest, I don't remember exactly how was the first time I went out wearing Lolita fashion. I started many many years ago when it was basically impossible to get Lolita clothes in Spain (especially in the south, where I'm from) and we had to customized and make our own things by ourselves. It was not polished, it was not perfect, but I felt really good about it and I remember it like the beginning of discovering a part of myself that will stay with me forever.

Looking on the internet and old pages that I used back in the day I found some photos from 2004/05. I started wearing Lolita earlier, but rarely took any photos, so these are the earliest ones I could find.


These photos were taken at the entrance of a comic convention in Granada with my friend Armand. We started basically at the same time in Lolita fashion and was my partner in crime for many years. She used to make her own clothes and we made together with the capes we are wearing here (and that I still have, by the way).

I would actually say that my first experience going out in Lolita was with her, but without knowing it. We knew each other from going to the same bars and friends in common, but we didn't know we had the same passion for Lolita until one day in which I was wearing a terrible proto-lolita coord and she entered the bar where we all used to hang out wearing also Lolita clothes. We looked at each other, fascinated, and we started to talk about it immediately! I cannot explain how happy and amazed I was about finding someone who loved also this style. It made me feel more secure about what I was trying to do, and that night I found a friend for life.


This photo is saved from my Deviantart! I consider this a type of proto-punk lolita, very Visual Kei inspired, but I use to love wearing this. Marco and I were huge punk fans (we still are) and our looks were always similar to what we are wearing here.


Another one rescued from Deviantart, with Armand and Jezabel. This was maybe 2006/07? I can't recall exactly, since I know I uploaded the photo to Deviantart later, but I remember that day very vivid! We visited the Science Museum in Granada, one of my favourite places around the city, and took some magical photos there. It was such a nice place to visit.

Jezabel was the third addition to my Lolita gang during those first years into the fashion. For a long time, we only knew her as "the lolita with the blue coat", since we only saw her a couple of times from far away wearing a gorgeous Moitie blue coat that she owned. Finally, Armand crossed her path with hers one day and started talking, and that's how she joined us!


This photo must have been taken around 2008 when I was already living back in Algeciras but I was visiting Granada eventually for meets there. This Metamorphose skirt was a bargain I got during sales and one of my first ever "big" brand pieces. Of course, I still have it and nevertheless, I love it so much.


And this casual coord is from around 2009 before I moved to Barcelona. As you can see I've always had a very casual style, to be honest (and also a little bit mamarracha), but it's how I feel better. Looking back also to the photos I realized I should have never sold this black skirt from Anna House, but I did it years ago when I was not that sure about continuing with the fashion (yes, I've had some of those moments, although I never went on a selling binge!).

More posts from this week's topic:



3 comments :

  1. Your photos are so cute! I wish my start in lolita was this good! I think I should have photos somewhere. I used to hate my first photos when I started to be good at lolita, but nowadays I like to remember them and see how much I have learned through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all so cute! I definitely see a lot of similarities between your style now and then, particularly in that red coord with the Meta skirt. And even though I didn't even discover lolita fashion myself until 2010, your pictures warm my heart with nostalgia. I wish that I had experienced that time in lolita first hand, even with all the limitations lolitas had to deal with back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! Estoy buscando a la blogger Libertad. Soy periodista en Chile, parte de la comunidad "La Guillotina Lolita" me encantaría poder hablar contigo sobre el lolita, eres inspiradora.

    Por favor comumitate conmigo ❤
    Mi IG personal es wantangirl, si quieres puedes buscar el FB de La Guillotina Lolita.
    Muchos abrazos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!