Monday, April 13, 2020

Het Kattenkabinet

One of the biggest pleasures that you can have when moving to a foreign country is to look with fresh eyes into the secrets of the cities, secrets that perhaps the locals know but have never visited because they're simply there, "and you can always visit". But now, in time of coronavirus, I keep looking to all these photos and although I haven't been a good blogger (yes, I had the time but sometimes sitting down to write it's difficult, especially when you've lost the habit), I'm gonna try to make it up to y'all.

So last summer I was really willing to visit the Kattenkabinet, a place full of curiosities, and I was lucky enough to count with my beloved friend Cassie to come with me (remember her from this previous post? She's such a lovely person, believe me!). 
The Kattenkabinet is an art museum in Amsterdam entirely devoted to cats. The collection includes paintings, drawings, sculptures and other works of art by cats, including work by Picasso, Rembrandt, Toulouse-Lautrec, Corneille, Sal Meijer, Théophile Steinlen and Jože Ciuha. The museum has five-period rooms and a style garden with a garden house and organizes also temporary exhibitions.






The Kattenkabinet was founded in commemoration of the ginger cat John Pierpont Morgan (1966-1983). This special cat was the stubborn, headstrong companion of the museum's founder, Bob Meijer.









It's funny that after visiting this lovely place lots of my dutch colleagues were impressed when they saw the photos on my Instagram since they've never visited it (actually, I still need to come back with one of them!). The entrance is not very expensive (the Museumcard is not valid here since is a private collection) and it's worth coming around the area and make a stop in here and in other of the closets museums, like the Museum Van Loon (that I must come back since I don't have decent photos of the place to show you)!



By the way, the garden is quite nice and full of friendly (and not so friendly) cats, be sure to spend there sometime petting these cuties! 







After the Kattenkabinet (in which I got the canvas bag that you've seen for sure in my Instagram since I use it a lot) we visited Cafe Blond for a sweet bite. Cassie and I have a sweet tooth and we cannot resist a cute place1 I've been at Blonde years ago during my first visit to Amsterdam. It has changed since then quite a lot, but the food was good and the company better <3



And following all the yummy for our tummy, we walked for a long time just chatting and enjoying the city through the quiet streets. Yes, Amsterdam is quite busy but if you know where to walk, it can be a very placid place.



For the occasion, I was wearing these beautiful Notes & Cats print dress by my favourite brand, Emily Temple Cute. I love the retro vibes of the print, with this super cool and fancy cats! 

Dress - Emily Temple Cute | Blouse - Offbrand | Bag - Ahcahcum Muchacha | 
Socks - Offbrand | Shoes - & Other Stories

So there you go, another nice place for you to visit in case you come around The Netherlands! 

Stay safe and until next time.


2 comments :

  1. Ay quiero ir ♥

    Yo volví a blogger a ver hasta cuando aguantamos xd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. En verdad espero aguantar XD Aunque echo en falta buenos blogs que leer; a decir verdad, la mayoría de los blogs rollo lolita o alternativos son un poco meh, no te cuentan mucho. Menos mal que tú has vuelto <3.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!