Thursday, April 16, 2020

What We Do in the Shadows


Hey there, stranger.

Since this week was released one of my favourite tv shows, What we do in the Shadows (base on the mockumentary by Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement) I thought it would bee fun to show you a couple of outfits I did during this quarantine revisiting my darker side (you know, once you go black you never go back; it doesn't matter how many Emily Temple Cute dresses I have, I'm a goth at heart always).





 Blouse: second-hand| Skirt: Alice and the Pirates (second hand) | Tights: Violet Fane
Boots: Stradivarius (super old) | Bat brooch: handmade by me | 
Accessories: Asos (super duper old)

For the first look I used this bloused I found on a second-hand shop at Haarlem the day I was meeting Liv. It's very Larme-ish, so I won't say this look is lolita, but more of a goth style (btw, if you don't know what Larme Kei is, here is a link in which you can read some information about it). 



About the embroider brooch I must say I haven't practised in a while with the needles, but I made that one during a quiet afternoon. Embroidering is a really calming activity, and I hope I'll keep doing it now that we have more light hours little by little. 


The second look is a little bit more witchy style and was made for a challenge proposed by my friend Merkades on her Instagram account. 

 Blouse: Arket | Jsk: Indrolita Couture | Tights: Violet Fane | Shoes: &Other Stories (old) | 
Skull Rosary: Tierra Negra Jewelry | Sacred Heart: handmade by me




What can I say about this look? I love it! not only is comfy, but I think it looks beautiful! The jsk made by the virtuous Indrolita fits perfectly (well, everything she made for me fits perfectly!) and it has pockets! I ordered this beauty a couple of years ago for an event in Madrid hosted by Amor Barroco and called The Grand Embassy (where I was one of the masters of ceremonies) and it's one of my favourite pieces ever, so versatile and easy to go.
The blouse is from Arket, and also fits very nicely. It's made of viscose, so the touch on your skin is nice and fresh. I'm in love with those dramatic sleeves, I must say!
As for the necklaces, the beautiful rosary is made by Tierra Negra, a jewellery brand from Finland that creates beautiful pendants. 



And what about this stunning hat? It's handmade by my beloved friend Issis and it's absolutely fantastic. She dyes and braids the straw herself to create these unique pieces, some of them based on mourning style. My goth friends and I cannot deny we all have a little victorian widow inside us, and this is the ideal accessory for an impeccable look. 

I think that dressing a little bit up during this quarantine can help us to cheer us up and not being all day long in pyjamas (which I find ok for a while but it kind of depress myself after some time).  Also, it's the perfect time to get experimental with our outfits and declutter our wardrobes from things that we're not using or that may need a fix for a second round. actually, I'm doing that with some shirts and skirts, so they will be ready for summer. 

So have you seen What We do in the Shadows? Let me know if you check it out! It's very funny!

5 comments :

  1. GOTH QUEEN! We stan a dramatic sleeve, they're the best kind of sleeve. And I genuinely thought your bat brooch was from My Inspiration, it's so good! I definitely want to pick up some embroidery during lockdown, but while I have no problem with the needlework itself, I always struggle with transferring the patterns. I can't draw, so freestyling is *very* risky and usually what I want to do is way more elaborate than the simple patterns that I could realistically copy from something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's the trick, start doing simple things (I started just making flowers) and then you'll be able to do more elaborate things, from rabbits to witch hats! Sometimes it can be frustrating but it's also very relaxing <3

      Delete
  2. I love booth of these looks so much! <3 That embroidered brooch is absolutely stunning! Embroidery is something I've wanted to learn for ages but I find it so intimidating, so I'm extra impressed that you made it :o <3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was also quite intimidated at the begining, but once you see you're capable to do some basic things, it becomes more easy! I guided myself with some youtube tutorials and photos, it takes time but it's not that hard <3

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!