Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Looking for the Primary Colors (a trip to London, part I)

Hey there, stranger. 

Almost a year ago I visited London after 10 years since the last time I was there. The purpose of that visit? Attend to the Royal Albert Hall for a very special show: the 10th anniversary of Primary Colors, by my beloved The Horrors. 

Of course, that was the perfect excuse not only to visit the city but also to see my friends there: Helena (who gladly let me stay at her place), Viveka and Carla. But let's start for the beginning, the first day!



I arrived there in the morning without any trouble, although I forgot that at the entrance of the airport they ask you several questions and so. My flight was to Southend-O-Sea Airport, so that's about one hour away from London... But when you live in The Netherlands or in the south of Spain like me, you're used to travelling to get there, so that was more than ok. Plus the flight took less than an hour, blimey!
Once in London I went to Helena's flat and left my suitcase there. We caught up for a bit while having some food (second breakfast for me, like the good hobbit I am) and after that, she had to work (I was lucky that during my stay there that was the only day she had to work!), so I decided to walk around the city centre by myself, pretty excited since last time I did that was so long ago!









I visited one of Artbox's stores, the Covent Garden one, where I bought a couple of kawaii things and had lunch at Five Guys while reading a book. After that, I went to Trafalgar Square so spend the afternoon at the National Gallery. Yes, once more, your favourite art junkie is here: 



At this point I had to sin down there for a bit because THERE IS SO MUCH ART IN THAT MUSEUM, seriously, I was feeling like suffering a Sthendal syndrome! But once I recovered, there was time for more, of course.


After l this beautiful art, a sit down at a coffee place to charge a little bit and have a warm drink while looking for a route to walk to the Royal Albert Hall. The sun was coming down but there was still time for a walk through the park, so that's what I did!



Despite the dark skies, I was really lucky that it didn't rain while I was walking down the streets, maybe something unusual for the British weather! I finally arrived at my destiny and entered the venue, one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen, I must say. 


I was in a little box on the top part of the venue, and I met there a lovely family whose son is a huge fan of The Horrors. They were super nice to me, we talked a lot about music and life in general and were surprised I made all the way from The Netherlands to attend the concert. Once the Horrors were on stage, the magic started. they played the album "Primary Colors" from the beginning to the end, and after that, there were surprises, like a couple of song from their very first album which they don't play anymore nowadays. It was a perfect evening to remember, seriously. 


Guess what happened the next day? 



But this is for another post <3
Stay safe!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!