Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Every time that you lose it sing it for the world (Karaoke Meet)


Hey there, stranger.

Some weeks ago we had a super nice meet at the Duke of Tokyo, a Japanese-style karaoke in the heart of Amsterdam. The lovely Rossella (@girlfromtherosegarden) took the time to organized it and gurl, what a great idea she had! I cannot thank her enough for this fun experience with the rest of the comm!




The lovely Lima (Nefferinthia) and I were the first to arrive, and we chatted for a while as the rest of the group was arriving. Lima is such a lovely girl, a big old-school lover; and fun fact, we discovered that we work super close by! So we agreed that we should meet for lunch one of these days.

Once the group was complete, we enter the pace and were guided to our private room. It was my first time at a karaoke place like this and, I must say, I liked it a lot, since having your own private place to shout like crazy while singing makes things easier.





We had two full hours of singing, drinks and laughs. From Disney songs to Bikini Kill, we sang almost every genre of music just to finish with 'The Final Countdown' in a very epic moment. We also took some time to shoot some photos around the place, although the lights were not very helpful for this, as it seems we were in a scene from Akira or something similar. 
The only 'not so good' thing from the karaoke was that we couldn't order food or snacks into our boot, but I guess that it can get pretty chaotic in there some times and that's why they don't offer that service. Outside of the karaoke rooms, you can stay and eat at the bar (which I may try one of these days after work!), so that's nice.








After all the singing, our throats were dry (and our bellies noisy), so we walked to an Australian bar nearby and had some dinner there together (while drinking some shots and shouting to the football match that was happening at the moment - Misako Aoki would have thought 'Most embarrassing behaviour' but of course, we didn't care!). We really had so much fun, and I feel very lucky and happy about finding here in The Netherlands such a lovely comm, really. 
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Thanks, Lima for this photo!

Before leaving that day I took some outfit photos to show you my old-school-ish coord! I can't believe I own this beautiful Metamorphose Gobelin print, it's simply perfect and makes me so happy every time I wear it! I need more old-school pieces for sure, the garments back then were so beautiful and different from the ones nowadays (is not that nowadays they are not nice, but the style and vibe were different back when I started wearing Lolita fashion). 



Shirt - Customized
Cardigan - Arket
Skirt - Metamorphose Temps de Fille
Socks - Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes - Monki
Bag - Emily Temple Cute

1 comment :

  1. Your outfit is gorgeous! I never went to a karaoke before, and now I kinda want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and for your lovely comments, I will comment you back as soon as I can!